Dovetail style linear air bearings are engineered and precisely lapped to match the rail and carriage angled sides creating a larger, stiffer bearing area for higher load capacity. These ultra-precision stages are designed for manual translation with a fully supported dovetail rail which can be end-mounted if desired. Carriages are available from 4 inches (100mm) up to 10 inches (250mm) wide, and rail lengths are available up to 42 inches (1067mm) for extended travel.
Linear Air Bearing Dovetail Stages – Product Specifications
Linear measurement, surface profilometry, force and resistance testing, tooling or part automation or assembly and vision systems.
- A1 Accuracy Class: 5.0 micro-inches/inch (0.125 microns/25mm)
- A2 Accuracy Class: 15.0 micro-inches/inch (0.375 microns/25mm) Note: Granite rail options are offered with A2 accuracy only
- aluminum, stainless steel, ceramic or granite rails;
- aluminum or stainless steel carriages;
- fully supported or end supported rail mounting;
- vertical, horizontal or stacked configurations.
- end stops (fixed or pneumatic);
- bellows or solid way covers.
Our LAB-D series of linear air bearing slides includes the following models:
- LAB-100D: 4” x 4″ (100mm) carriage (formerly Model #LAB-4D)
- LAB-150D: 6” x 6″ (150mm) carriage (formerly Model #LAB-6D)
- LAB-200D: 8” x 8″ (200mm) carriage (formerly Model #LAB-8D)
- LAB-250D: 10” x 10″ (250mm) carriage (formerly Model #LAB-10D)