ABTech’s programmable, high-speed air bearing spindles provide reduced error motion (as low as 1 micro-inch or 0.025 microns). These frictionless spindles have been G0.4 balanced and are thermally stable up to 10,000 RPM or more. The direct drive brushless DC motor comes with a wide range of motor, torque and load sizing.
Air Bearing Spindle for Rotary Motion – Product Specifications
A rugged choice for very demanding, sub-micron machining and grinding applications, diamond turning lathe machines, micropositioning and 3D image scanning.
- A2 Accuracy Class: Radial/axial and radial asynchronous error motion to less than 2.0 micro-inches (0.05 microns)
- A5 Accuracy Class: Radial/axial and radial asynchronous error motion to less than 5.0 micro-inches (0.125 microns)
High-resolution optical encoders (available with millions of counts per revolution); digital amplifiers and programmable controllers (or fully integratable with your existing CNC controller). Choose standard base, foot, flange or athermal mount options. Can be used as a motorless tail stock.
Dual element filter/regulator (highly recommended); vacuum chuck; and precision collet tooling.
- SP50: 2” (50mm) diameter thrust plate
- SP125: 5” (125mm) diameter thrust plate
- SP138: 5.4” (138mm) diameter thrust plate
- WHS180: 7” (180mm) diameter thrust plate