EAS series Engine Assembly Systems are used worldwide to align and assemble high pressure compressors and turbines (HPCR and HPTR) for jet engine and land based gas turbine applications.Engine Assembly Systems feature ABTech’s ultra-precision air bearing rotary tables and rotary encoders mounted to natural granite bases for durability and stability, ensuring the highest accuracy and repeatability.
With our heavy-duty adjustable tilt and center worktables operators can easily bring the engine part precisely in alignment to the air bearing’s rotational axis. Our spherical seat design on the tilt and center worktable maintains the part’s center point when leveling, saving time in setting up for measurement and assembly.
Systems come with either swing-away dual gage stands or tall counterbalanced gage towers allowing easy access when loading parts or unloading finished assemblies. Each gage configuration is able to mount up to 8 electronic indicators plugged into the state-of-the-art USB controller making quick work of setup and measurements.
ABTech is a fully licensed supplier of GE Aviation’s Genspect systems which includes a USB controller and stack projection software. The controller has inputs for up to 8 LVDT gages and the rotary encoder from the air bearing table as well as a USB interface for PC’s., Purchasing an Engine Assembly System from ABTech now comes complete with the air bearing platform, controller, required lever and plunger type probes, Genspect software preloaded in a Windows based computer, a large color touch screen monitor in a heavy duty mobile electronics cart. A turnkey solution for assembling jet engine and turbines.
Engine Assembly Systems Products and Specifications
Measurement and assembly of high pressure compressors and turbines (HPCR and HPTR) for jet engine and land based gas turbine at OEM (original equipment manufacturers) and MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) facilities
Overall system accuracy under 5.0 micro-inches (0.125 micron); spindle tilt accuracy less than 2.0 micro-inch/inch (0.05 micron/25mm)
- Gage towers with customized heights and horizontal arm lengths
- Air bearing rotary table and gage stand platforms
- Completely outfitted Genspect systems with LVDT probes, controller, PC and software
- Lever type electronic gage heads and extension cables
- Plunger type LVDT probes and extension cables
- Fine adjust probe mounts
- Magnetic base portable gage stands
- Additional gage holder fixtures
- Mobile electronics carts with heavy-duty casters and articulating “swing-arm” monitor mounts
- Fixed base space-saving electronics rack with articulating “swing-arm” monitor mount
- Certified 2µ” round master test ball and cover
EAS-P (GE Tooling #9471M13PO1): Portable Engine Assembly System with 3.5″ (89mm) friction drive wheel and rotary encoder on a magnetic base fixture, multiple magnetic gage stands and probes
- EAS500 (GE Tooling #9471M13PO2): Engine Assembly System with 8” (203.2mm) AT200 air bearing rotary table, 12″ HD tilt and center adjustable worktable, granite surface plate, and dual GSI gage stands, each with two horizontal gage arms
- EAS1000 (GE Tooling #9471M13PO3): Engine Assembly System with 12” (304.8mm) AT300 air bearing rotary table, 18″ HD tilt and center adjustable worktable, granite surface plate, and dual GSI gage stands, each with two horizontal gage arms
- EAS3000 (GE Tooling #9471M13PO4): Engine Assembly System with 16” (406.4mm) HDRT3000 air bearing rotary table, 24″ HD tilt and center adjustable worktable, granite surface plate, and gage tower
- EAS1000CP (GE Tooling #9471M13PO5): Engine Assembly System with 12” (304.8mm) AT300 air bearing rotary table with center probe mount, 18″ HD tilt and center adjustable worktable, granite surface plate, extended height GSI gage stand with horizontal gage arm
- EAS1000G (GE Tooling #9471M13PO6): Engine Assembly System with 12” (304.8mm) AT300 air bearing rotary table, 18″ HD tilt and center adjustable worktable, granite surface plate, and extended height GSI gage stand with three horizontal gage arms
Consult with your ABTech representative for the EAS model specifically configured for your engine line.
As with all of our products, EAS engine assembly system platforms are designed, manufactured, assembled and tested exclusively by ABTech at our Swanzey, New Hampshire facility. Every system reflects ABTech’s high quality standards and exemplifies our company-wide commitment to “Pride in Precision” craftsmanship.
ABTech Inc is a licensed Genspect provider for GE Aviation, their affiliates and independent MRO facilities.
…all ABTech EAS models are CE certified