2011 Year End Newsletter
All things considered, 2011 was a great year for ABTech! We would like to express our sincere appreciation to all of our customers, suppliers, and selling partners for playing a key part in our success this year.
Our 2011 highlights:
- Introduced our MicroForm™ roundness gage system at major conferences for the precision optics and Quality Manufacturing industries. The market reception was excellent for the first new “roundness” gage designed and built in the United States in many years.
- Delivered and installed the first model µFG150 MicroForm gage.
- Booked orders for larger diameter versions of our µicroForm gage as well as retrofit/updates using our µicroForm system on older existing roundness gages.
- Expanded our rep network by adding RTI sales in upstate New York and MarketTech Inc on the west coast.
- Welcomed Ford Tool and Gage Corporation, a long-standing and highly respected metrology distributor in the upper Midwest, to our distribution network.
- Designed and delivered our first ultra-precision rotary index system mating our AT series air-bearing table with sub-arcsecond position display in a compact netbook PC.
- Completed a commercial version of the 5 axis metrology platform to OptiPro Systems for their UltraSurf system.
- Continued to supply our volume OEM accounts in the aerospace, optics, and large format printing industries with high-quality motion systems.
In addition to these individual achievements, we closed out the year with an increase of over 50% in shipped orders from our previous best year! The overall interest level from end-users and distribution partners is confirmation of the demand for ultra-precision air-bearing-based gages made here in the United States, and for the new path that ABTech has taken as a vertically integrated metrology equipment manufacturer.
To keep up with market demand in 2011 we increased our workforce by 30%, purchased additional CNC equipment, improved our tooling, and introduced new business systems for process efficiencies. This week we completed the move into our newly constructed assembly and gage training areas, allowing us more space in our manufacturing area which will be reconfigured to further streamline our workflow.
With our flagship MicroForm metrology product line and the enhancements to our infrastructure, we have significantly increased our capacity and are set up for continued growth in 2012.
Continuing the momentum from this year we plan to:
- Add industry-specific analysis capabilities to the MicroForm™ product to satisfy demands in the ball bearing, aerospace, and precision optics arenas
- Condense our MicroForm™ software and hardware to offer an economical tool for capturing precision RunOut (TIR) measurements for shop floor use where full form analysis is not required
- Introduce our ultra-precision air bearing rotary index table for precision machine tool calibration. The thrust for this product demand is the current limitation in options for calibrating using otherwise very expensive and setup-intensive laser instruments.
Once again, thank you for your business and your support of our efforts. We hope that the new year brings your company prosperity and security, and we look forward to the opportunity to work with you towards your next project’s success.